Due Diligence Investigations
Regardless of the nature of the business transaction—a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or investment opportunity—a due diligence investigation is essential for providing critical information about a proposed target to help you make knowledgeable and informed business decisions.
How Do We Get Results for You?
- Obtaining strategic background information and facts on a business opportunity or individual.
- Analyzing individual and/or company litigation and financial records.
- Conducting comprehensive asset searches.
- Verifying the background of corporate executives, board of directors and employees.
- Analyzing the organizational culture of the target company.
- Analyzing the political, labor, logistics and other relevant concerns regarding an investment opportunity.
- Obtaining information on businesses and individuals to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
- Identifying compliance risks, including those related to corruption.
When a European investment fund was considering making a $500 million investment into manufacturing facilities in Brazil and China, we were retained to investigate the business and its principals.
By conducting research in countries where the key principals had been active, including in Africa, we found that one of the key players had committed bank fraud in South Africa and also had stolen real estate funds in China.
By completing comprehensive due diligence on the parties we prevented our client from suffering a major loss.