Klink & Co. has a long history of collaborating with the top-rated global Intellectual Property (IP) law firms and many of the Fortune 100 companies conducting IP Investigations. Our team is comprised of former senior law enforcement agents of the U.S. CBP, Department of Justice, Hong Kong police, as well as expert research analysts and field investigators. Together they can obtain the evidence, track components and finished products from manufacturing facilities to assembly plants and beyond. Our experts have successfully assisted clients around the globe by:
- Revealing weather individuals and/or companies have infringed on IP by uncovering critical evidence.
- Determining the authenticity of the IP by scrutinizing the backgrounds and activities of the inventors and/or assignees
- Identifying and locating witnesses to be interviewed and/or deposed
- Monitoring air freight and sea shipping activities, assembly plants, free trade zones and borders to track infringing products
- Protecting clients’ rights by coordinating with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) field agents and other government agents to assure infringing products do not enter the U.S.
- Gathering and analyzing critical information and facts used to cross-examine deponents or experts
Our team of experts first established where components and finished goods were manufactured in Asia. We followed the trail of component parts into Mexico where they were being assembled and incorporated into finished goods destined for U.S. markets. We tracked infringing and mislabeled goods into California, which were sent by trucks and rail to major U.S. retailers.